Monday, January 18, 2010

Atlanta Gift Show





Wow! New year and it feels great already! The holiday season feels like a blur, partly because the time was filled with kids home all day for the winter break (3 weeks off school) and my husband with vacation time and I was trying to get ready for 2 shows in January while doing a freelance project. Very full December. Still, I got to see some great movies (Avatar, It's Complicated, Julie & Julia, Alvin the Squeakquel) and spend some delicious time with my family.

So into January and a new decade. It started off with a great trip to Atlanta for the Atlanta Gift Show. It was my first time ever in Atlanta and on my visit they have a freak winter storm, complete with snow, more snow and iced-over roads. And cold...yes, I am a wimpy Southern California girl and remember clearly why I live someplace warm now. But it was a lovely city and a fun trip. My agent had a booth in the License and Design section of the Mart and I really enjoyed meeting some other artists who I know from our licensing community through shows or online forums. A couple of them shown here...Ellen Crimi-Trent and Carol Eldridge and one with my good friend Darci Phillips of Phillips Allrich. I am constantly impressed with the creative ideas and enthusiasm of the artists I meet through this work. They are an immensely talented group of people.

More to come on Atlanta...dishware and giftware!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! Nice to see your blog and updates, to boot!

Scrolling your picts, it was fun to see a familiar face (say hello to Ellen for me, we're Twitter/FB buds).

Happy New Year! Hope Atlanta treated you well!!

@ecstewart