Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Shopping Research- Modern Natural Mix



Macy's/Marshall Fields on State Street in Chicago...remembering my vacation and shopping...

More dishware and tablescapes I like. One of the things that make these table settings so nice is the design plans include a strong voice in the central light fixture. Like the pink setting I showed earlier, this modern table has a great light with the globe of branches embracing it. The branches make a great pattern of light and shaddow on the ceiling.

I grew up with numerous Bertoia butterfly chairs and the armature is beautiful. I've never thought of using them for end chairs at a dining table and they make a great end statement. I love this mid-century modern styled table for it's modern clean lines, various textures, and mix of metal and natural materials. This table highlights Lenox's Tin Can Alley dishes.

No comments: